Growing up I wasn’t a huge fan of chocolate which meant brownies was the last thing I would pick as a dessert. As I’ve gotten older, my love for chocolate has taken a 180-degree turn and became one of my favourite things to bake with, the possibilities are endless. Its official I’m a brownie fan.
If you have peanut allergies don’t use Skor pieces.
Before you start, take your eggs out and melt your butter to cool to room temp.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted and cool at room temp
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil or vegetable oil
- 1 cup, 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 cup, 2 Tbsp. white sugar
- 4 large eggs room temp
- 4 Tbsp. vanilla
- 1 cup good quality unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ½ cup chocolate chips (I use a mix of small and standard sized chips)
- ½ cup Skor baking chips
If you’re not using Skor baking chips use ½ cup of white chocolate chips, it’s a win-win situation every time in my opinion.
- Preheat your oven 350F oven rack in the middle, grab your 7×11 baking tray and line with parchment paper, lightly grease the sides and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine butter, oil, and sugars and mix until all is combined.
- Add eggs one at a time, vanilla, and salt continue to mix until it lightens up in color 1-2 mins.
- In a bowl sift all remaining dry ingredients and gently fold into the mixture along with 1 cup of chocolate chips and ¼ cup Skor chips.
- Pour your delicate batter into your greased pan and gently level it topping it with the remainder of chocolate chips and Skor chips or white chocolate.
- Bake in a 350F preheated oven for 35-45 mins. Using a toothpick check the middle, the toothpick should come out clean and better batter no longer jiggles.
- My favourite step. Cool & Enjoy.
Happy baking and be sure to share your brownies with us.
Please don’t forget to subscribe and share the recipe on your social media.