March 28, 2018
The most amazing pie crust on Venus
Hands down the best recipe I’ve come across thank you, Robyn Stone from Add A Pinch. Its perfect for your sweet pies and your savoury pies. As they stated this will become your favourite recipe.
I’ve tried many recipes and played around with many and personally this is my go too, when I’m making my sweet pies I make as the recipe asks, but when I’m making my savoury pies I add a touch of jerk seasoning. No need to look any farther I found the perfect one for us.
Note: I always double and even triple this recipe.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/4 cup butter and more for buttering pie plate or skillet
- 4-5 tablespoons ice water
- 1 tablespoon Jerk Seasoning
- Butter a 9-inch pie plate
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and the salt (jerk if making savoury). Cut in the shortening and butter with a pastry blender or two forks.
- Gradually add ice water to the mixture while a wooden spoon or I personally prefer to use my hands
- Pour the dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll out and lay on top of your buttered pie plate, trim all excess dough. Cover with saran wrap and freeze for at least 30 mins to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Fill your pie with what you desire. If you choose to have a top crust roll out more dough, whisk an egg and coat the edges before you place the top crust on, add your top crust layer, trim your edges and using your thumb press along the seal. Coat the top crust with your whisked egg and bake
Enjoy and let us know in the comments below how it turned out.
Your site has excellent content. I bookmarked the website
Thank you, be sure to subscribe and please share. 🙂